Your portable guide to Donegal - it's all here
Have Donegal in the palm of your hand in 2013: -
- Arts & heritage - Derry's the city of culture in 2013, but Donegal's the county; the best places to visit from trad music to festivals, theatres to museums.
- Activities - a guide featuring watersports, golf courses, adventure, horseriding & places for children to enjoy.
- Greatest 'shrines' - from the sacred to the sublime, here are 24 special parts of the county that are worth discovering.
- Outdoor Pursuits - here's a special guide just for birdwatchers, fishermen, hillwalkers and lovers of scenery.
- Wild Atlantic Drive - experience the most enthralling places to visit on Ireland's best coastal drive from Greencastle to Bundoran.
- Best accommodations - a variety of the best places to stay in the county from holiday cottages to country houses, hotels and even a castle.
- Best restaurants - we've carefully selected the finest award-winning places to eat in the county. The best seafood in Ireland?
App innovation This app offers a comprehensive travel app where audio, visual and social media platforms are incorporated into the information for your convenience. Not only can you connect to a place's website, send them an email or call them with a click, but you'll be connected to their Facebook or Twitter accounts and see any interesting YouTube video that exists out there on them. Best of all, the service works offline so that you will not be charged roaming charges when exploring the county.
The app is now live in the App Store and Google Play where all seven tours download automatically for you. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for further updates or for feedback/suggestions. Please note that all tours are subject to acceptance of the Licence terms. Available on iPhone, Android, Garmin or TomTom devices - click on the various guides at the top of the page to download onto your device.
MAY 2013: The Donegal App has been updated for 2013 complete with acccommodations, restaurants and Inishowen sections. Note to 2012 users: as we're now under our own navigatour® brand for 2013, you'll need to reinstall the app to get the new features. A new What's On in Donegal RSS feed and a Favourites button has been added for Android and iPhone users. Thanks and please spread the word!